Seasonal Greetings


Happy Tuesday everyone! leslierahye here With a seasonal holiday card using some of my favorite elements! Even though I  live in a VERY WARM state, snowflakes are one of my favorite design elements for winter. For this card I used the Snowflake Wonder Doily  along with Snowflowers sets and the Snowflakes plate. The elegant Fancy Deer paired with some shiny florals and bling. Below is a brief tutorial with all the tips.

Begin by cutting the Snowflake Wonder Doily without the center die out of Kraft and mist with an opaque white mist. I masked the center of the doily with a square. 

Once I was happy with the look of the outer of the doily, I misted lightly from high so that it looked like a light misting of snow.

I then returned my mask to the doily to mist with a blue-hued mica mist. I heat set this mist to hold the colors in place.

I placed a red square behind the doily to coordinate with the red flowers that will be placed on the card and to help the doily to pop off the card. I then layered on snowflakes and a Fancy Deer with antlers--to add extra sparkle the white pieces were misted with a Pearl white mist. This focal square was place on the top two-thirds of the card.

I then began layering my florals on top of the mini flourish band. I built the flowers and added beads to the centers with a clear lacquer. The petals of the leaves and flowers were also painted with the lacquer to add shine [see last photo for the full effect]

Bling was added to several snowflake centers to add more sparkle.


  Cheery Lynn Dies used

*****
Remember there is still time to join the new challenge!!! Challenge #161 is Tis the Season There is a chance to win a $20 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn Designs. Thank you for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Who ! i have just shop these Die Shenzhen i see your card ! stunning ! love The deer and The doilly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful!! Love the deer and added snowflake on top of the misted doily. The Poinsettias really add a festive touch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.

Powered by Blogger.