Holidays are Coming by Julie Lavalette

Click to Enlarge

Hi Everyone, It's Julie here hosting the blog today and Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my American friends.

This week I decided to keep my design flat on my Christmas card to demonstrate how you can still get lots of interest  and the illusion of depth onto a card. At the same time being able to put in an envelope for ease of posting.


My 2 base layers were cut out using my stacker dies. I went around the edge of my patterned paper with my distress tool and added a little ink and stickles around the perimeter. My Santa image I also used my distress tool at the edges.


My image I used a little Frantage on and added onto my die cut frame along with some more Stickles.


My Reindeer were cut out in the same brown card as my frame and a maroon coloured card. I glued them together offsetting them slightly to give a shadow effect.


Finally scattering some die cut snowflakes all over my card, look how crisply they cut.  You will notice I have put some partly under the frame and others on the top, this also gives an illusion of depth.

Cheery Lynn Dies Used :


Good Luck to Everyone entering our Weekly Challenge and I will see you all next Saturday.


Julie x

2 comments:

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.

Powered by Blogger.