Rome by Jenny Alia


Hi friends!  Jenny  here sharing a card using a few travel dies.  I don't often scrapbook but these dies would make an awesome layout.  I knew I would use these three dies and combine them with a map or vintage paper background but the additional textures and mixed media elements evolved as I worked.


I found a piece of corrugated cardboard (that my daughter had left from opening a box) and used it to create an interesting texture on the card.  It was colored with distress ink and glued to the card front. I painted a crackle glaze on the Italy die and covered the Colosseum and World Atlas dies with white and gold Frantage embossing powders.


I always like adding glitz but I thought rhinestones and glitter would look too new on this vintage card.  After distressing with both ink and a distress tool, I dabbed gold texture paste on the edges of the patterned card stock.  I backed the World Atlas with the same blue-gray card stock behind the patterned paper.  It helps tie the color into the piece and helps the detailed globe stand out against the background. The main card is a 5.5" square base.  

Cheery Lynn Dies

I hope you enjoyed my attempt at mixed media and thanks for stopping by today! 
Hugs, Jenny

1 comment:

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.

Powered by Blogger.