Glittery and Gold by Susan Longman

Hi, Susan Longman with you again. Today I have been browsing Pinterest and noticed in the world of papercraft (particularly scrap booking) there is a real trend for GOLD, GLITTER and FEATHERS at the moment. I have seen a load of layout in White and Gold so I thought I might give it a whirl on a card. My husband, not being aware of the trends, quite righty pointed out that the card design was probably more suited to Christmas but I wanted to reflect the trend in a birthday card.
“Feather” card by Susan Longman
Susan Longman48_1
To create the card I used my gold pigment ink on a white card base and stamped with a font back ground stamp (Kaisercraft) and then added a few circles using the lid of a spritz bottle in the same ink. I trimmed the edge of the card down an little and used the Francesca – B159 lace edge in a gold glitter paper. I then cut 2 of the larger “feathers” from the Quill & Ink Pot – B369, “fluffed” them out a little and tied them with some natural fibre twine and glued them in place. I have stamped the greeting (which could read Merry Christmas too) and matted it with the same glitter paper. A simple but very on trend card.
Susan Longman48_2
Cheery Lynn Dies Used:
Quill & Ink Pot – B369
Francesca – B159
Have fun Creating… Susan.

4 comments:

  1. Great creation Susan! I love the gold on white! That quill die set is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card, Susan! Love the gold and white. I never would have thought of doing the gold on the feathers, but I love what you have done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant color scheme and I love the Quills in gold too!!! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like very much all these glitters on the beautiful feathers...
    kisses
    coc♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.

Powered by Blogger.