Thursday, June 27, 2013

Keepsake Box

Hello again everyone,

For my project this week, I have designed a neat little keepsake box.  I thought this might be a nice idea that a Bride and Groom could use to store some of their memories from their special day.


I started by making a traditional box where the top of the box opened and thought that it needed just a little more flair so I also added a drawer for some extra storage.   I used a magnet which I sandwiched between the layers of paper to keep the top of the box closed and the drawer is based on a match box but just bigger.  Once I  had both made I glued them together and then wrapped DP around both the hide the seam.

Here is a closer look at the top which I decorated using some of my favorite Cheery Lynn dies.  A full list of what was used can be found below.  The rose was created using the Build A Flower #3 die.  I thought the distressing on the DP made the rose look so elegant for this special keepsake box : )


Here are the list of dies used:


I hope you can find some time to visit the challenge this week and put in your entry where the theme is Wonderful Weddings!  With your entry you will have a chance to win a $20.00 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Have a Cheery Day!



3 comments:

Lori said...

Your little box is adorable. You always do 3-d projects so beautifully. :)

Bj said...

What a beautiful little treasure box! I love the shape of the top drawer. Your rose is gorgeous!

Inkypinkydelights said...

Just love this Joann. It would be a very lucky person who would receive this. Judy x