Sunday, June 9, 2013

Awesome tip with Guest Designer Holly



Hello again!  It's Holly Brown back for another guest designer post today.  I've done something a little different with this card.  It looks clean and simple, right?  Take another look at the red doily underneath the butterfly.  Do you see what I did?  :-)

The Cheery Lynn Designs dies that I've used on this card are:

French Pastry Doily
Small Exotic Butterflies #2 with Angel Wings

I used the whole French Pastry Doily even thought it looks like I only have half of it on here.  I made one cut from the outside edge to the center of the doily.  Then I put my doily on my trusty little Scor-Buddy and scored from the scallops in towards the center.  The doily was then accordian-folded into this little half-rosette that you see here.

This was my first time trying this idea with a doily, and I was thrilled to see that it worked.  Now if I want a full sized rosette, I can do this with two of the doily die cuts and glue them together.  Wouldn't that be fun??  I hope you enjoyed this card today.  I've got some more to show you, so come on back next week.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Love your tip Holly, that's just great. Another wonderful card that lots of folks will be inspired by.

ionabunny said...

That's a bit weird! I was just playing with my English Tea Party Doily and wondering if this was a possibility and here you are with the finished article. Great card. Now I know my time will not be wasted and a very lovely effect it is too....

beadz said...

What a fun tip, Holly. I'm sure a lot of people will put that one to use. Great card!
hugs,
Gini

Emerald said...

Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your tip with us. Great inspiration <3

Joann said...

What a great job on your card and thanks for sharing the tip about how to score the doily to make a rosette. Looking forward to seeing what you create next!
Hugs*
Joann

Jill Norwood said...

This is beautiful! Love the way you used the doily! :)

Ann said...

Great tip Holly :-)

Debbie's Time Out said...

Holly the doily is very striking in red and creative the way you scored and folded it. The butterfly is perfect mounted on it.