Since we celebrated Father's Day yesterday, I thought this would be great timing to share a masculine birthday card with you. I love adding flowers to everything I do - but, I will admit, they aren't really manly. Greenery however, is perfect for those outdoorsy guys. I also love the look that I achieved using the Rock Embossing Plate. I inked the plate before running it through the machine, and it makes my Kraft paper look like cork.
Speaking of Kraft paper....that's the challenge this week. Be sure to link up your project using Cheery Lynn Designs dies and kraft paper, for your chance to win a $20 store credit.
1. Make card from cardstock; adhere patterned paper.
2. Ink embossing plate with dark brown ink and run through machine with kraft paper rectangle. Adhere to patterned paper and machine stitch.
3. Die cut chicken wire and adhere to card. Layer a frayed piece of burlap ribbon over the bottom portion of the die cut.
4. Die cut two French Flair squares. Stamp sentiment on the smaller one. Adhere with foam adhesive.
5. Decorate the sentiment with die cut ferns and Dew Drops as shown.
6. For the inside of the card, add a square of patterned paper with edges inked.
7. Adhere a stamped, trimmed sentiment and die cut ric-rac trim.
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies: Pine Branches B146; Expandable Tiny Borders B215; Chicken Wire Frame FRM144; Rock Embossing Plate G12; French Flair Stackers L-12