Tuesday, December 6, 2011

# altered project # Butterfly

Memory Album


I had a wonderful time creating this week for Cheery Lynn Designs, with a die series I had not used previously.  With the “Special Moments” A2 Scallops and Rings die, I created a memory book.   These books are quite simple to put together, and would make delightful Christmas presents for those of all ages.  The best part is more pages can simply be added at a later time, depending on how you embellish the book; you could easily fit up to 10 pages (including the front and back cover), if not more. 

The paper collection I used is called “English Rose” by Kaisercraft, the 6X6 paper pad, and of course an assortment of cardstock in various colours.  All edges are inked with Tim Holtz distress ink, in the colour of “Walnut Stain”... my favourite for a more vintage appeal.
 For my creation, I left the pages blank. However, there is plenty of room for journaling, and adding in photographs or memorabilia. 

 
Each page is decorated with a variety of die-cuts – the front page being the fancy one with an array of doily dies (English Tea Party & French Pastry), flowers and foliage.


On page “Four”, I have created a flower using the Anastasia Border die, by cutting the die and placing on my Scor-pal, scoring every ¼”. Next, I folded the scored area like a fan, and used a strong adhesive to hold in place – I adhered the newly created flower onto a 1 inch cardstock circle, added a pretty bling piece to the centre, and voila - one flower created.

 Page 4...above

 
On page “Six”, the flower is created from the Heartland America die pieces left over from last weeks, “sending my love” card.  All I did was add dimensional tape between the layers, so simple and yet, so effective.  Its wonderful being able to create something ‘pretty’ with left over die cuts...
  Page 6...above




The back cover is a pocket, which I have placed half a dozen tags – though, this could also be used to store/hold letters, notes, photographs and other memorabilia. 


I do hope my project has been inspirational, and some individuals will be encouraged to create a Cheery Lynn Designs “memory book”...
...and before I sign off till next week, please don't forget the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge taking place each week at the moment.  This coming week the theme is "silver & gold", all you have to do is get creative and use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die to be in the running to win a $20 shopping voucher... Look forwards to seeing what everyone creates!!
Till next week
Dies Used:

10 comments:

  1. Sandie your album is gorgeous! I love all the die details and colors! You created a beautiful project than shines!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Anyone would be so glad to get this as a gift. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use to make the border on the back? It looks like two or three different dies or punches - a scalloped lacy one, a pierced one with points and possibly another one at the top? I checked your dies used list, but could not match them up to any on the list, as far as I could see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This so beautiful and inspiring, exactly the idea I was looking for. Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holey Buckets girlfriend! You put some time and effort into this beautiful memory book! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cyndee, the back is actually the paper design itself. English Rose is a very popular paper by Kaisercraft, you should be able to get it in whereever you are though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! This is just gorgeous!!!! Fantastic details everywhere I look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandie, this is gorgeous, an amazing amount of dies and fabulous use of each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Memory Album is a great album as compare to the other album. Really its a very good album. Thank you for sharing.

    custom album

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Statement


All content, including designs, pictures and words are the exclusive property of the author of each blog post. Information shared here is for inspiration only and may not be copied for publication, competition or profit. Thank you for your cooperation.

SOCIAL MEDIA 2



Follow Us @jointhemakersmovement


All content, including designs, pictures and words are the exclusive property of the author of each blog post.
Information shared here is for inspiration only and may not be copied for publication, competition or profit. Thank you for your cooperation.