Nice to be back as part of the Cheery Lynn Designs design team. I have been experimenting with the fairly new Build A Flower die series, and formed my version of a Lily for a thank you card.
|6" X 6"|
My flower arrangement sits atop of the Notre Dame Cathedral Doily.
Below are the die cuts I used to create my Lily Flower. The dies come from the Build A Flower #1, #2 and Embellishment #2. The star shaped frond in the middle, was used as the base of which my flower was built upon. Each die-cut was cut from white AC cardstock, and coloured using a variety of distress inks, and markers.
I removed the centre ends of each petal (part that sits in middle), as I found this gave a more uniform shape to my flower and allowed everything to sit evenly. A quick drying adhesive is a must!
A variety of stamens were adhered to the centre of the flower, and when dry lifted for a more realistic appearance. The leaves were affixed to the bottom of the flower.
To complete the card, I used a variety of foliage including the the smaller flowers from the Embellishment #2, Olive Branches, Flourish Leaf Strip, and the Iris Leaves. Bling pieces, and beads were added to the flower centre's.
Till next week