Saturday, May 14, 2016

Under the Sea by Julie Lavalette



Hi Everyone, it's JULIE here today and I am sharing with you an underwater themed card which would also look great on a scrapbook layout.


On the edge of my card I tattered my second layer with the edge of my scissors. Next I pressed the edge into my Versamark ink pad and heat set some Gold Embossing powder. My word Explore was also heat embossed in gold.


I used a mixture of foliage on the list below to give the look of Seaweed and Coral at the bottom of the sea. On my Princess Tree die I added a little Distress Stickles. My Starfish was shaded with ink and highlighted with a Fineliner pen, as was my Sand Dollar.


My Anchor was shaded with Copics, heat setting a little Distress Powder and a Patina powder for an aged rusty Look.


The detail on the Seahorse dies is incredible. I cut them out in patterned paper adding a little Stickles and Black Liquid Pearls to their eyes.I moulded the shape of them with my fingers for a curved look and mounted onto my card with Silicone Glue.


Finishing off with an accent from the Ships Compass


My wave edger, small shells and pearls.

We are having a blog hop tomorrow to showcase a wonderful New Release from Cheery Lynn Designs, there are so many new dies on my wish list !
So please stop by and you could be in with the chance of winning a shopping spree.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Our Current Challenge is Red, White and Blue. I hope you get a chance to join in the fun to win a $20 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn.

Cheery Lynn Dies Used:



Crafty Hugs,

 Julie

5 comments:

  1. Love this scene Julie! So many great details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and sea scene. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ooh, ooh - I just love this!!! The ocean bottom looks real and the seahorses are gorgeous! I often heat emboss edges as you did and the paper used for your seahorses is beautiful and perfect! I have a similar scripted blue cardstock... Oh, wow, I might be able to replicate this one!!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.