It seems like the rain is never going to stop here, so I loved the sentiment that I used for this Upright Z-fold card. This project uses a couple of different techniques, so I'm going to break them down for you, so you can make your own.
For the background paper, I took a patterned paper, and ran it through my machine with an embossing plate.
I used a brayer to apply watermark ink over the top , and sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set the powder.
I repeated the brayering and embossing two more times to build up a thick layer of embossing powder.
I inked over the surface with the dark brown ink, and then used a paper towel to remove the ink off of the embossed areas.
I set this to the side, and started the card base by cutting a strip of cardstock 4 1/4" x 11. I placed the paper with the long side along the top fence of my scoring boardl, and scored at 5 1/2" and then flipped the paper, and scored at 2 3/4". Fold the base so that you have a small "tent" to the front of the card.
I adhered the embossed paper to the back panel of the card. I took a strip of gold paper 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" and used the City Girl Edger to cut decorative borders on each side. A added a scrap of the embossed paper to the center of this panel and adhered to the bottom of the card.
For my image panel, I cut brown cardstock 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" and covered it with the French Lattice Small. I used the Coved Rectangle and Coved Rectangle Stitching Tool for my sentiment. The stitching tool allows me to make perfect stitches around my border. I adhered the bottom of this whole panel to the base of the card.
The original directions for making this type of card relied on a tab on the back panel to tuck the front panel behind, to make it stand up, but I created a different method. I glued a lace Corner to the back of my brown panel, and sat my card on the table, and used a Crop-a-dile to punch holes to line up with the opening in my fancy corner die. I then ran ribbon through the holes in the card and laced it through the die cut and tied my bow. This keeps the card standing upright, and can be untied to flatten the card for mailing.
For the flowers, I used the Shasta Daisy Strip. I inked the edges with a dark yellow chalk ink.
Then, I cut a small circle into a scrap of paper to make a template, and placed it over each flower, lining up with the center.
I spritzed into the opening with tdye ink spray. This kept the splatters just to the center of my flower.
I assembled the flowers and added some greenery to finish the card.
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies: