Hi there and Welcome Back! I hope that everyone has enjoyed the Blog Blitz featuring Cheery Lynn Designs New Release : )
Today I want to show you a different twist on a card I did a while ago called a Pop-up Book Card. I struggled with a name to call this but I am thinking I will call it a Multi-Framed Pop Out Fold and I think you will be surprised just how easy it is to create it. I will provide some instructions at the bottom of this post but first, here's a bit of eye candy!
with a closer look at the detail:
and the best part, here is the inside : ) Included are a couple of tags so you have a place where you can write your own personalized message. These are great to use as bookmarks as well.
and once again, a closer look at some of the detail:
To create this card simply follow the steps below (I based this on a pop-out card so here are the dimensions I used):
1. Cut a piece of DP 11.5 x 6 for the front.
2. Cut another piece of DP 11.25 x 5.75 for the inside.
3. For the Pink Frames on the inside I took the 2 smallest XL-10 - Coved Rectangle-Classic LG Stackers Nesting Dies and placed them inside one another to cut my frame. (Tip - Use a tiny piece Blue Tack which is a pressure sensitive adhesive between the dies to keep the 2 dies positioned the way you want them). I cut this 8 times.
4. Next using the largest of the 2 dies you used in step 3, cut 4 pieces of White for the centers.
5. Glue 1 frame to each of the White pieces for a total of 4.
6. Now for the fun part, I cut small strips of paper and scored them so I could make the pop-out portion. I took 2 of the White framed pieces and between them attached 2 empty frames.
7. Behind the 2 White framed pieces I attached another frame but cut the top off first so that I could use them as pockets to hold the tag inserts.
8. Center and attach the piece you created to the card and simply attach the other 2 White framed pieces to the pop-out piece in the center of the card.
Here's a quick peek at the dies used to create the inside pieces before they were assembled.
Here's a list of the dies used for this project:
B261 - Tags 2
B332 - Ankara Lace Border
B333 - Sophia's Heart Border
D138 - Mini Dimensional Butterflies w Angel Wings
DL250 - Cape Cod w/Angel Wing
DL251 - Horizon Coved Rectangle Boutique Stacker Frames
XL-6 - Circle - Inverted Scallop LG Stackers Nesting Dies
XL-10 - Coved Rectangle-Classic LG Stackers Nesting Dies
Be sure to visit the challenge this week and put in your entry where the theme is Beautiful Borders. With your entry you will have a chance to win a $20.00 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn Designs!
Hope to see you back again tomorrow for your "daily dose" of inspiration!
Have a Cheery Day!