Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pink Zinnias and a Fancy Fold

Hi there and Welcome Back!  I hope that everyone has enjoyed the Blog Blitz featuring Cheery Lynn Designs New Release : )

Today I want to show you a different twist on a card I did a while ago called a Pop-up Book Card.  I struggled with a name to call this but I am thinking I will call it a Multi-Framed Pop Out Fold and I think you will be surprised just how easy it is to create it.  I will provide some instructions at the bottom of this post but first, here's a bit of eye candy!


with a closer look at the detail:


and the best part, here is the inside : )  Included are a couple of tags so you have a place where you can write your own personalized message.  These are great to use as bookmarks as well.


and once again, a closer look at some of the detail:


To create this card simply follow the steps below (I based this on a pop-out card so here are the dimensions I used):

1.  Cut a piece of DP 11.5 x 6 for the front.
2.  Cut another piece of DP 11.25 x 5.75 for the inside.
3.  For the Pink Frames on the inside I took the 2 smallest XL-10 - Coved Rectangle-Classic LG Stackers Nesting Dies and placed them inside one another to cut my frame.  (Tip - Use a tiny piece Blue Tack which is a pressure sensitive adhesive between the dies to keep the 2 dies positioned the way you want them).  I cut this 8 times.
4.  Next using the largest of the 2 dies you used in step 3, cut 4 pieces of White for the centers.
5.  Glue 1 frame to each of the White pieces for a total of 4.
6.  Now for the fun part, I cut small strips of paper and scored them so I could make the pop-out portion.  I took 2 of the White framed pieces and between them attached 2 empty frames.
7.  Behind the 2 White framed pieces I attached another frame but cut the top off first so that I could use them as pockets to hold the tag inserts.
8.  Center and attach the piece you created to the card and simply attach the other 2 White framed pieces to the pop-out piece in the center of the card.

Here's a quick peek at the dies used to create the inside pieces before they were assembled.


Here's a list of the dies used for this project:

B261 - Tags 2
B332 - Ankara Lace Border
B333 - Sophia's Heart Border
D138 - Mini Dimensional Butterflies w Angel Wings
DL250 - Cape Cod w/Angel Wing
DL251 - Horizon Coved Rectangle Boutique Stacker Frames
XL-6 - Circle - Inverted Scallop LG Stackers Nesting Dies
XL-10 - Coved Rectangle-Classic LG Stackers Nesting Dies

Be sure to visit the challenge this week and put in your entry where the theme is Beautiful Borders.  With your entry you will have a chance to win a $20.00 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Hope to see you back again tomorrow for your "daily dose" of inspiration!

Have a Cheery Day!


3 comments:

beadz said...

What a bright and cheerful card!
hugs,
Gini

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous Joann. Love it! Judy x

Jill Norwood said...

I pinned your beautiful card so that I can try it out! It is stunning!