Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Hugs


Hi everyone!  It's Holly, your February guest designer, posting today.  Happy Valentine's Day!  I needed a masculine Valentine's card to give to my sweetie, so I pulled out my Cheery Lynn Designs dies to see what I could come up with.  Obviously, since I wanted it to be more masculine, I didn't add a lot of frills and flowers.  I kept this card sweet and simple by using these dies:

Celtic Heart
Sophia's Heart Border
Alison's Ribbons
Hugs Mix and Match
Coved Rectangle - Classic LG Stackers

I inlaid the die cut pieces of the inside of the heart.  Because the background is so busy, I wanted the Hugs to stand out.  Look at the Hugs sentiment.  Can you see the shadowing there?  I cut it out twice - once from dark brown paper and once from vanilla paper.  I glued the vanilla Hugs on top of the dark brown Hugs, slightly offsetting the letters.  That's how you get a subtle shadow effect.  For the corners, I cut the pieces from the Sophia's Heart Border - they fit beautifully in the corners of the Coved Rectangles.

Thanks for visiting me here at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog.  Come on back next Friday - I can't wait to show you what I created!!  I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.