To create this card you'll need the following supplies: Black and White cardstock, Crystal Gems (mine are are Imaginisce Hot Rocks from the Crystal Compact), a Corner Chomper, the newly released Cheery Lynn Designs Pair of Ferns die and the Cheery Lynn Designs XL Dotted Swiss Embossing Plate (I know the dots are hard to see in this photo but they are there in all their glory I was just having issue balancing the white in Photoshop!) as well as the second to the largest CardMakers Stackers Nesting dies. You'll also need, black ribbon (also hard to see due to the light issues), a sentiment stamp and black ink (I used Memento in Tuxedo Black).
|Featured Die: Newly Released Pair of Ferns|
- Create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cardbase from white cardstock.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock with the second to largest CardMakers Stackers Nesting dies and emboss with Dotted Swiss XL Embossing plate; trim corners with Corner Chomper.
- Cut a piece of black cardstock 4 x 5 1/2 and adhere to back of embossed white cardstock; wrap bottom of piece with black ribbon and adhere to cardbase.
- With black cardstock die cut Pair of Ferns die with die cut machine two times, discard one die cut and trim one shorter than the other two.
- Arrange Fern die cuts off center on front of card as shown and adhere to card as shown.
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock with black ink and trim two corners with Corner Chomper; adhere on top of black ribbon.
- Add Crystal Hot Rocks with Imaginisce I-Rock tool.