Saturday, April 11, 2015

Dreaming of Summer Days by Julie Lavalette


Hi Everyone, It's Julie here sharing the blog with you today. We have had such a lovely week of weather in Scotland, so I thought it would be nice to share a Summery card with you all. My card measures approx 7"wide x 6"Height ( 18cm x 14cm ) when standing. 


I started making this card by cutting out all my layers, inking the edges and gluing together with a stamped sentiment in the centre.


My Mega Doily was cut out twice to give a shadow effect. I layered them together cutting off a little section at the middle, to make it look neater on the outside. I also place a strip of card down the middle to strengthen my card. I trimmed a little bit off the bottom of my Doily to stop my card from rocking to one side.


Some photographs of my flowers being made.


A close up of a finished flower.


I added a bow to the top of my card using the Pretty Pretty Bows die.

  
Notice I have added some tiny flowers with pearl centres. 


Finally an angled shot of my finished card.

Cheery Lynn Dies used:


Thank you for stopping by today and good luck to everyone entering our weekly challenge with your chance to win a $20 spending spree here at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Julie x 

4 comments:

  1. I think this is just gorgeous, I love how you always create something that's beautiful yet a little different.
    Stunning!!
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous!! I love the idea using 2 doilies to create shadow.
    Great job, Julie!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie absolutely stunning and great tutorial too. I just love the shape of the card you created

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shaped card and tutorial. I love your colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.