For this card I pulled out the Embossed Hearts Scalloped Border, and the Scalloped Square from one of the Little Stackers Nesting Dies sets (I used the two smallest dies in the set). To make this card you also need your Cuttlebug and the Metal Adaptor Plate.
- Create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 white cardbase.
- Put the Metal Adaptor Plate between your A and C plate and cut one scallop using red cardstock and your regular cutting stack. (Tip: using the Metal Adaptor Plate adds enough depth to the stack to cut the small hearts out of the scallop instead of embossing the hearts onto the paper). Reserve some of the small hearts to add to your card front later.
- Trim the scallop to 1 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inches.
- Remove the Adaptor Plate from your stack.
- Cut four more scallops from black cardstock. Trim all of them to 1 1/4 inch x 5 1/2.
- Layer the scallops as shown, adhere each one to the one placed above it.
- Tie ribbon around top of scallops and adhere to cardbase.
- Glue reserved small red hearts randomly onto cardfront.
- Using the smallest scalloped square die cut from red cardstock and stamp sentiment.
- Die cut next size larger sqaure and adhere to back of red cardstock slightly off center to create a shadow.
- Adhere sentiment to card.
- Adhere pearls.
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: "Pure Poppy", "Stampers Select White", "True Black"
Stamp: Bo Bunny "Love Birds"
Ink: Ranger: Archival "Black"
Dies: Cheery Lynn (a Division of Dies Direct): "Embossed Hearts Scalloped Border", Little Stackers Nesting Dies "Scalloped Square"
Embellishments: Papertrey Ink: Swiss Dots Ribbon "True Black", KaiserCraft Pearls "Black"
Other Tools:Provocraft: Cuttlebug, Cheery Lynn Designs: "Cuttlebug Metal Adaptor Plate"