Sunday, April 30, 2017

A Pretty Basket for Mom - Maggi Harding

Well this should have been an Easter basket but I'm a day late and a dollar short as they say, so I turned it into a Mother's Day basket filled with my Mom's favorite chocolates!  She'll love it!

To start my design, I used Coved Rectangle Stitch Nesting Set - SM Silver Stitch Nesting Set 6 Piece Die Set - MS10 to cut panels for the front and back of the basket.  I just cut rectangles for the side panels and used a corner chomper to mimic the coved corner on the front panels.  Then I added Border #7 Die - CABRD7  in the center.  I cut a little tag with the smallest of the Horizon Fishtail Banners 3 Piece Die Set - DL278 and stamped a simple greeting.

I used several different flower dies (listed below) to make the flowers that embellish the front and back panels.  I always like to tuck in a few leaves to my floral clusters and one of my favorite dies for making leaves is Flourish Leaf Strip 5 Piece Die Set - B178.

The handle is "gussied up" with more flowers, a seam binding ribbon and  beautiful flourishes cut with  Flourish #1 Die - CAFLRS1.

On this side view you can really see how pretty that leafy flourish looks cascading down the side.  The papers I used are from Graphic 45's DCE Once Upon a Springtime.  The pinks and greens are perfect for this springy Mom's Day project don't you think?



Other
Graphic 45 Once Upon a  Springtime DCE
Really Reasonable Ribbon seam binding


That's it for me today! Thanks for joining me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.