Saturday, July 25, 2015

Gingerbread Tree by Julie Lavalette



Hi Everyone, it's JULIE here today showcasing this adorable Gingerbread Family. I love how you can dress them up, aren't they so cute !


I started off by cutting out 2 Scalloped Squares in red cardstock trimming a strip off them both to form the length of rectangle required for my 8 x 6 card. My next layer I used my die cut edge strip, gluing the layers together and adding Stickles into all the small holes. I then sprinkled a little Red Tinsel Embossing Powder over my paper and heat set for a little more sparkle.


My pot for my Tree was made using a section from my die cut Sentiment Tag. I heat embossed Red Tinsel Embossing Powder on it and my word Believe.


I started layering sections of my Build a Christmas Tree onto my card to form a large tree and added Santas Sleigh.


My Gingerbread Family were coloured with Copics and Glitter Pens, highlighting the embossed details with a white pen. The girl's bows and dresses were layered twice.


The boy's hats I used Snowtec on them adding extra fine glitter whilst still wet and a few gems for buttons.

Cheery Lynn New Release Dies Used:


Other Cheery Lynn Dies Used:


Good luck to everyone entering our Weekly Challenge with a chance to win a $20 spending spree at Cheery Lynn Designs and thanks for stopping by today.


Julie x

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant gingerbread tress you have created Julie. Such inspired work and such a fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! What a fabulous idea !
    Stuning card Julie !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your support of Cheery Lynn Designs. We love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.